A very sweet addition to any holiday dinner.
- 1 (40 ounce) can cut yams (Bruce), drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Place 1/2 mixture in baking dish.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows (appox 1/3 of bag)
- Add remaining mixture on top of marshmallows
- If using convection oven, place another 1/3 of bag of marshmallows on top
- Bake for 30 minutes.
**If using standard oven, do not add marshmallows on top layer until 30 minutes cooking is done, then add marshmallows and bake another 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are browned